Contact: 01274 364502
The community midwifery service offers local women centred care by a midwife.
- The community team is made up of midwives and Women's & Newborn support staff.
- The midwifery staff provides a GP-linked team approach to care, helped by the support staff.
- There are six teams based throughout the city providing care for women in their own local area. Antenatal care is offered in GP surgeries, community health centres, Sure Start centres, children's centres or in the home if required.
- Postnatal care is provided in homes and postnatal clinics with appointment systems and/or ˜drop in' arrangements.
- The teams provide 24-hour emergency cover for the women of the city and undertake planned and unplanned home birth on a regular basis. We can offer a home confinement service with two to one care at delivery to women with low-risk pregnancies.
- The community service offers specialist care to women seeking asylum and the homeless in Bevan House. Women from non-English speaking EU countries at Westbourne Green Health Centre and women for whom it is harder to get healthcare at H.O.T.S (Health on the Street) based at Eccleshill health centre.
Page updated over 2 years ago