Quality and Performance
Key quality and performance indicators
We are open and transparent on the quality of care we provide for our patients and publishing our key quality and performance indicators provides assurance. This information should help patients and carers when choosing where to receive care.
Below is a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) around key areas of governance that we report regularly to our regulatory body Monitor and to the Department of Health, and from other internal sources which usually is not easily accessible nor presented in a useful format.
KPIs for Appointments not attended (DNA rate)
Externally published data
NHS Choices - includes ward staffing information, CQC registration:
NHS Choices information “ My NHS “ open data for better services
Healthcare information available on: http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Performance/Search
Or specific to our services click here. It covers all CQC registered sites of our hospital. To navigate on the webpage, select ˜Key Facts' or ˜Efficiency' or ˜Safety' or ˜Food' and Update results.
Everyone counts - improving outcomes for patients
Publication of consultant treatment outcomes
NHS Choices website:
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust specific consultant level data is available for the following activities:
- Vascular surgery (surgery on veins and arteries). Procedures covered: abdominal aortic aneurysm, carotid endarterectomy.
- Interventional cardiology (heart disease treatments carried out via a thin tube placed in an artery). Procedures covered: percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Orthopaedic surgery (surgery for conditions affecting bones and muscles). Procedures covered: hip replacement, knee replacement.
- Colorectal surgery (surgery on the bowel). Procedures covered: bowel tumour removal.
- Head and neck cancer surgery (PDF, 323kb). Procedures covered: larynx cancer removal, oral cavity cancer removal, oropharynx cancer removal, hypopharynx cancer removal, salivary gland cancer removal.
- Thyroid and endocrine surgery (surgery on the endocrine glands). Procedures covered: thyroidectomy, lobectomy, isthmusectomy.
- Bariatric surgery (surgery to treat obesity). Procedures covered: gastric bypass, gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy.
- Urological surgery (surgery on the kidneys, bladder and urinary tract). Procedures covered: nephrectomy.
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery (surgery on the stomach and intestine). Procedures covered: stomach cancer removal, oesophageal cancer removal.
Please note that the above links are to external websites and the ontent cannot be assured by Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.