Duckworth Lane, Prospect Place
- 617 Allerton
- 618 Allerton
- 629 Morrisons Mayo Ave
- 680 Bingley Railway Station
Help with the cost of travel to hospital
If you are attending an NHS hospital for treatment you may be entitled to the cost of your bus fare or possibly mileage allowance (this does not usually include taxi fares, unless it is deemed totally inappropriate to use public transport) to or from the hospital if:
- You or partner receive income support, income-based job seekers allowance, family credit or disability working allowance.
- Your income is low enough (claim on form HC1)
- You are attending a sexually transmitted disease clinic more than 15 miles from your home.
- You get a war or MOD disablement pension and are being treated for your war injury.
Payment can be made at any hospital “ ask at reception.
Sometimes we will pay for an escort to travel with you should it be deemed medically necessary. The clinician looking after you will make this decision.
If you are visiting a patient who is a partner or close relative, you may be able to get help with your travel costs if you are receiving income support or income “ based job seekers allowance. You can obtain the claim form from your local social services office.