What we do
The Emergency Department (A&E) is housed in a purpose-built up-to-date department at the Bradford Royal Infirmary.
- We are one of the busiest A&E departments in the country. This year we expect to see and treat 135,000 patients.
- The department has a consultant-led service with availability 24 hours every day.
- The department has excellent assessment and resuscitation facilities.
- There is a specially designed children's area away from the main adult department
- The department operates a number of condition specific pathways for example asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), fractured neck of femur (thigh bone)
- We have a number of specially trained emergency nurse practitioners who see treat and discharge patients with a range of minor injuries
- There are a number of mental health liaison nurses based in the department
- We have a team of occupational therapists to assess the capabilities of older patients who have had a fall or who are admitted for other reasons. The team arranges help for those well enough to return home.
- We have an alcohol care team who provide alcohol screening, offer brief advice and run an alcohol review clinic.
|Brad Wilson||Consultant EM, Clinical Lead|
|Tony Shenton||Consultant EM, Caldicott Guardian|
|Pete Bradley||Consultant EM|
|Felicity Todd||Consultant EM|
|Rob Halstead||Consultant EM , Clinical Governance Lead|
|David Robinson||Consultant EM|
|Alastair Jones||Consultant EM|
|Jill Stewart||Consultant EM|
|Jeremy Till||Consultant EM|
|Liz Jones||Consultant EM Paediatrician|
|Farzana Khan||Consultant (Locum)|
|Sue King||Associate Specialist|
|Ahmed Akhtar||Associate Specialist|
|Michelle Taggart||Associate Specialist|
|Imran Rashid||Middle Grade|
|Nawal El-Khidir||Middle Grade|
|Ann Bannister||Clinical Service Manager|
|Senior Nursing Staff|
|Terry Wood||Charge Nurse|
|Sarah Buckley||Sister/Patient safety & quality|
|Elizabeth Mosley||Sister/Professional development|
|Sharon Popple Emma Hopla Simon Besford||Sister/RSCN Sister Emergency Nurse Practitioner|
|Sue Morris||Clinical Nurse Specialist (Alcohol)|
|Linda Wood||Occupational therapy co-ordinator|
|Janice Uttley||Mental health liaison nurse|